Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week 1

Well, I decided that my first endeavor should be to memorize my favorite scripture.  So... in addition to my regular study, that's what I spent the week doing.  My favorite scripture is from the Book of Mormon, in Helaman chapter 5 verse 12.  It says

"And now remember, remember my sons that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation wheron if men build they cannot fall."

I love this scripture!  It has brought me direction and comfort many, many times during my life.  I know that no matter what comes my way, if I am centered in Jesus Christ, NOTHING can break me.  I also know that making the Savior my foundation is something that I have to work on everyday, even if it's just a regular old day where everything seems to be going smoothly.  I am so grateful that I learned this lesson early in my life.  It has been the only thing that has gotten me through the last few years and the challenges we have had with Richie's health.  In times of trial, we have two choices.  1. turn to God, 2. turn away from God.  I will ALWAYS choose to turn to Him for comfort and help.

This week I will be studying faith.  If you'd like to study with me, I'd love to hear your thoughts about faith.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! What also strengthens me in times of trial are the testimonies of others. Thanks Zoe...you helped "fill my cup" today. So true...we ALWAYS need to turn to him...focus on the eternal and blow past what is currently trying to make us stumble. Satan is out in full force now and is there at every opportunity to lead us away. You are such a great gal and such a blessing to all those who surround you! love ya, Sis O'Neil xoxo

    ReplyDelete